FAA Control Tower Operator (CTO) ATC (Air Traffic Control) Test Prep
- Prepare for and pass the 2021-2022 FAA Control Tower Operator (CTO) knowledge test.
The FAA Control Tower Operator (CTO) test is intended for people who are looking to qualify as control tower operators.
It is approved by the Air Traffic Service for use in technical training.
We at Dauntless offer the best CTO test prep in existence. You can prepare for the platform of your choice using
actual, realistic, and current FAA questions per the FAA Control Tower Operator study guide. Our prep offer a polished
and efficient study environment and, critically, the best, most detailed explanations in the business so that
you'll be best prepared for new and unpublished questions.
Our prep is fully compatible with FAA ATC Publication TS-14-1 and the FAA Airmen Certification Standards (where applicable).
- How do I get the CTO test prep?
We bundle the CTO prep inside of our GroundSchool - FAA - Airline Transport Pilot app. What this means is that you get
our GroundSchool FAA ATP app for the platform of your choice, start the app, and then select the CTO test from the
list of tests provided.
If, after you get the ATP prep you don't immediately see CTO in the list of tests, then don't panic - there's an easy fix.
Go the update screen from the main menu of the app and use the 'update' feature get the latest and greatest content. This will
add the CTO content to the app and from there you'll be able to select the CTO test.
- I don't see CTO on the description / list of tests for your FAA ATP test prep app.
We are limited in how often we can update the description for our apps, but 100% the CTO prep is there. Here's what you need
- Get the GroundSchool - ATP test prep app for the platform of your choice.
- Start the app, select "Get Updates" (or equivalent) from the main menu.
- Update the app content using the built in and free update process
- The CTO test will now be there in the list of tests to study for in the ATP app.
- What content is included in the CTO prep?
Our test prep consists of seven individual areas of learning. Each area is listed in Title 14,
Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR), Section 65.35. These accurately reflect the areas that you
will be tested on in your actual app. The content is current for 2021 and with the lifetime included
free updates you'll be set for years to come.
- Airport traffic control procedures
- Flight rules
- Communications operating procedures
- Flight assistance service
- Aviation weather
- Air navigation and aids to air navigation
- En route traffic control procedures
- Realistic Questions and Content
The CTO test prep content that comes from FAA publication TS-14-1 is accurately reflected in our test prep. In other words, we make sure that you can study from
official FAA guidance for the CTO test. We supplement this prep with additional related material from other FAA tests. For example, in order to better cover the
breadth of weather questions that you may need to know as a CTO applicant or continuing education subject, we include a number of METAR/TAF/etc questions that generally
come from other, pilot tests. By adding these, we have a more complete prep that will make you better prepared for both the CTO test specifically and to work as
an air traffic controller or related professional more generally.
- Charts and Figures?
Yes, our CTO prep contains all the charts and figures that you'll need to study for and pass the test. All are included right in the app.
All questions in the app feature complete, detailed explanations.
Where possible and relevant, our explanations include direct quotations from FAA Publications, including:
and many others. Our explanations are detailed and often illustrated. Each is written by an editorial team of experienced pilots, mechanics, examiners, and ATC specialists.
- CFR 14 (the Federal Aviation Regulations)
- FAA Guidebooks and Handbooks
- JO 7110.65 (Air Traffic Control)
- The Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge
- The Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM)
- The FAA Pilot/Controller Glossary