FAA Drone / UAS / UAV / Part 107 Knowledge Test
|Yes! our apps can prepare you for your FAA Part 107 UAS (Drone Operator) Knowledge tests - both initial and recurrent. You've come to the right place - this is the best FAA UAS knowledge test prep in existence:
- Comprehensive question bank, regularly updated. Covers all FAA UAS/Drone topics.
- By far, by far, the most detailed explanations in the business
- Polished user experience
- Covers both Initial and Recurrent Tests
- Low Price and nothing else to buy.
- Polished user experience for fast and efficient study.
- How many questions are included in Dauntless prep?
To get a live count of the exact number of questions in each of our test preps, click here..
Our prep will prepare you for both the initial and recurrent Remote Drone Pilot In Command - Small UAS Rating FAA knowledge tests.
Update for our app are free for life! As of this writing, the prep includes 500+ questions for the FAA Remote Pilot in Command small UAS initial knowledge test and a bit less than that for the recurrent test. This number is regularly growing as our editorial team continues to add content and question variations based on experience with the actual exams.
- Will the Dauntless prep include every possible question on the FAA Remote Pilot in Command - Small UAS Rating knowledge test?
We make the best UAS prep with the deepest and most representative question set in existence. It has helped thousands and thousands of drone pilots take and pass their tests. The most straightforward answer is that our prep is 100% what what you need to take and pass your UAS knowledge tests. However, when it comes to "every possible question?" the honest answer is that no test prep can honestly claim to have 100% of these all of the time. Our prep covers, in detail, all of the subject topics and subtopics on the test and our app is fully compatible with / compliant to FAA Airman Certification Standards (ACS). Therefore, it is highly likely that that material of every or nearly every question on your exam will be covered in this prep. However, you can expect the actual wording of questions to be different on the actual exam because the FAA these days regularly changes the questions on knowledge tests as an active protection measure against those who would try to 'memorize the test.' While our updates are designed to match known FAA changes, as a general principle, you should expect that the questions that you will see will be on the same material as in our app, but may be worded or presented differently.
- You say the questions are different and can change... so how will your prep prepare me for this?
The key difference between us and pretty much everybody else out there is that we offer a 'learning by doing' prep with superior, in-depth explanations. What this means is that with our product, instead of falling asleep while listening to some video or online presentation, your brain is actively trying to figure things out by working on the same sort of multiple choice problems that you'll see on the actual test. This means 'exploring the material' by turning to our in-depth, illustrated explanations. Active learning works! We've been making FAA knowledge test preps since 1997 and have become a leader in the field. We know what works for fast, efficient study that will help you not just pass the test, but really internalize the material so that you can go on to become a safe, legal, and knowledgeable UAS operator.
- How have users been doing on the actual exam after studying with your app?
Our users have overwhelmingly passed the test with flying colors. A group of law enforcement professionals used our app for their prep and the average score was around 94%. A group of high schoolers, directed by their teacher but including those who had no aviation experience whatsoever, reported average scores of 88%. In both cases, all test takers passed. This isn't a guarantee - whether you pass depends not just on getting our prep, but also using it diligently. Our app allows you to take an unlimited number of practice tests. As a general recommendation, we suggest that if you can take 5 or more practice tests in a row and score 90%+ on all of them, then statistically you are highly likely to be ready to take and pass the real thing.
- Are the charts and figures included?
- Yes! Every required chart and figure is included and fully integrated into the app. If you find the figures hard to use onscreen, there's a link inside the app to generate a PDF of the figures which you can print out.
- I worry about aviation terms that I might not understand
Our app's explanations feature our built in 'JargonBuster' feature where definitions of thousands of key terms and abbreviations are available in a fast, context-sensitive way. See a term you don't know? Click on it and the definition will show up right there.
- I saw some site selling 'drone mentoring' or a 'UAS university' or some other expensive course on the internet.
We can't speak to any particular product or service, but from what we've seen of a few handfuls of such sites, we seriously doubt the usefulness or value of such offerings when it comes to test prep. Several of those sites claim long experience with drones, which is great (some of our editorial board members can also claim the same, and have even been involved in the Part 107 deliberation and development process). However, as far as we know, none of those places can claim any real background with FAA testing. Our prep has been developed by a team of our aforementioned 'drone guys' and our 'traditional aviation / test prep team' and together they've combined those unique perspectives into an intelligent, effective test prep experience that we think is far superior to such other offerings. Plus, ours costs a lot less, too.
- Does your app feature video that will drag me through the necessary material?
No, it doesn't, and for good reason. Our long experience with FAA Knowledge Tests has shown, conclusively, that such passive learning, even if you pay a lot for it, will likely be a waste of your time and money. A far better approach is to jump right in with our 'learning by doing' method where your brain is always working and where you can take advantage of our detailed, illustrated explanations at your pace and on your own time. It's a proven system that works. Hundreds of thousands of pilots and mechanics have used this method via our preps to successfully pass every manner of FAA knowledge test.
- What subjects are covered in the prep?
Our 'initial certification' test prep covers the following required subjects:
If you select to prepare for the recurrency test prep in the app, only the subset of subjects pertaining to that will be presented to you.
- Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation
- Airspace classification, operating requirements, and flight restrictions affecting small unmanned aircraft operation
- Aviation weather sources and effects of weather on small unmanned aircraft performance
- Small unmanned aircraft loading
- Emergency procedures
- Crew resource management
- Radio communication procedures
- Determining the performance of small unmanned aircraft
- Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol
- Aeronautical decision-making and judgement
- Airport operations
- Maintenance and pre-flight inspection procedures
- If I memorize the questions and answers in your prep, will I pass the test?
Passing the test generally requires more than rote memorization. the FAA now takes active measures to stymie those who would memorize answers. The key to being maximally prepared is to use our prep and its detailed explanations to where you actually learn and understand the material so that you are ready for whatever question variations the FAA will throw your way. Our app and its explanations will almost certainly cover all or nearly all of the actual content that will be on the exam - but you have to take the time to study and learn it. Our app, with its polished user experience and ease of use make this process as efficient and fast as possible.
- I have an issue with or question about a piece of content in your app...
Our editorial team would love to hear from you! In the explanation pane for each question there is a 'report an issue with this question' link. Click that to send a message to our editorial team about the specific piece of content that you have concern over. our editorial team carefully reads and evaluates all feedback that comes in and, if necessary, can quickly make adjustments to the content, such as fixing the occasional typo or, more pertinently, by clarifying an unforeseen misconception or extending an explanation. Any changes done by our editorial staff will then be available via the 'update' feature in the app. This integrated, fast and easy system of feedback is one of the reasons why our apps are so good. We sincerely thank those users who provide us with feedback as we constantly work to bring you the best possible test prep.
- Can I take practice tests using your app?
Yes! You can take an unlimited number of practice tests using the app. In addition to 'practice test' mode, the app features other study and learning modes that you can choose as best suits your individual learning style. These including flashcard modes, continuous study modes, and even an audio mode.
- Does the content vary by platform?
- The content is exactly the same no matter what platform you choose to study on. The actual apps themselves vary slightly to reflect the peculiarities and capabilities of each platform, but mostly have similar features.
- Audio mode?
Yes! We call it 'Learning by Listening' and it's fully included in our FAA Remote Drone Pilot in Command test prep apps at no extra charge. In this mode, a human narrator reads the questions and answers and at times adds a bit of commentary to help you understand the material. While not necessarily as comprehensive as using the app in normal modes and reading the full explanations there might be, audio mode is nevertheless incredibly useful when you can't study actively - for example, you can listen to it in the car while driving. Note that audio mode covers most but not all of the content of this app - specifically, questions that require significant amounts of chart/figure reading and/or heavy calculation lend themselves poorly to audio mode and are not included in the audio prep. Our 'learning by listening' audio prep has proven itself to be highly popular as far as our other test preps go and we think with this drone prep it should be even more so.
- How do I get updates?
Each app has an update screen or feature that you can periodically use to check for updates via the Internet. The process is simple and fully integrated. Generally, click on "Update" from the main menu to start the process.
- How much does the app cost?
- Due to the way the app stores work, this varies a bit by region and platform. Please visit the purchase page of the platform of your choice to see current pricing.
- What is the purchase process (Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android)?
Our app for each of the above platforms is available from the official App Store / App Market for those platforms. Follow the links above for the platform of your choice. If you need to type in our web address into a web browser on a mobile device, you may find it easier to just type in www.FAAtest.com which works just as well and is shorter and easier to type.
- What is the purchase process (Windows PC)?
Download the demo version of our PC app from above and try it out on your PC. Make sure that it is working technically for you and as you like it. Once it is, click either one of the buy now links above or one of the buy now links within the PC app to start the purchase process. When you complete it, you will get an activation code emailed to you that you can use to transform the demo version of the PC app (which gives you access to 5% of the total questions only) into the fully activated title where you have access to 100% of the available question content.
- I am interested in studying on multiple platforms. Can I get a combo deal on for example the app for iPad and PC?
Due to policies set forth by Apple, Google, and Amazon that we (and other app creators) have no role in setting but must adhere to, cross platform combo deals or platform switches are not available. Each of the app stores / app markets, protective of its commercial interests, makes it both technically impossible and contractually impossible to offer such combos. Apple even doesn't allow combining its Mac and iOS products. As such, our apps are available on each platform individually only.