Having Trouble Purchasing?
|Safelog subscriptions are available for sale via a number of outlets, including via our own website.
- No matter where you purchase your Safelog subscription (or subscription extension), you are purchasing the same thing and will gain access to Safelog on all supported platforms. For example, if you purchase or extend your subscription by buying your extension via Apple App Store link within one of our apps, you'll be able to use it on all supported platforms (PC, Mac, iOS, Android, web etc).
- Pricing: the price is broadly similar everywhere, but varies in detail due to things like exchange rates, tax/vat, third party app store pricing 'tiers', and third party store policies.
Here are some issues that people have when purchasing:
I can't purchase a Safelog subscription/extension via the website
Our order system is run via Digital River / Share-It, a trusted and secure third party eCommerce provided. If you find that you can't complete the checkout process or the payment is not going through, try these steps:
- make sure your browser is not in 'incognito' mode or otherwise preventing cookies and/or other identification.
- reboot your PC and try again.
- try using a different browser. For example, if you are using Chrome, try Edge, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- If you are using a proxy server or VPN, try turning it off, as this may interfere with the security and card validation mechanisms
- if you are NOT using a proxy server but are in a location away from your card address or are in an 'unusual' part of the world where internet security is historically potentially at issue, please consider using one.
- Make sure your computer is up to date and all pending updates have been installed.
- Make sure your "internet security suite" is not interfering.
- Be advised that the systems will decline to process your transaction if a secure connection cannot be made. There are many possibilities for this, but one not uncommon one is that your computer has been compromised by a third party. This must be the case for at least some percentage of our users.
- If you are purchasing via PayPal, be advised that you may need to access your canonical PayPal email address to receive the receipt, etc.
Digital River / ShareIt process tens of thousands of transactions per day for various merchants. If something is not working for you in their checkout process, the logical first place to start is looking at what makes your situation unique.
After placing an order, my subscription was not extended or activated
Most of the time when people say that this happened, it is because their order was put on hold or otherwise not completed by the third-party app store where they purchased their subscription. The solution is to make sure that the transaction actually went through. If you are sure it did, please contact us with your order number and a copy (cut and paste) of the receipt that you will have received from the third party app store so that we can investigate further. If you paid via PayPal, this can often cause security holds / delays even if things seemed to have gone through, as they have their own policies on top of those of your app store. We will be happy to help with any such issue you bring to us, but please understand that we can't just look up orders made via third party app stores (Microsoft, Amazon, Apple Mac, Apple iOS, Google, etc) on an ad hoc basis via your email address alone, and in some cases we can't do so proactively at all due to the confidentiality policies of the app stores. Again, most of the time the problem lies with the order not actually having gone through as you thought it may have appeared to. Contacting us with your receipt and order number is a good next step if you've otherwise done your research and are certain that it has gone through. Note that some app stores only send a receipt 24 to 48 hours after the transaction has completed.