Can't activate discount during the purchase process
This text is for those of you who are having trouble claiming your discount as a purchaser of an additional Groundschool for PC license.
In order to claim the discount for this additional purchase, you must have two things handy:
- Your unlock/activation code from your previous purchase of GroundSchool FAA written test prep software for Windows PC and
- Your email address.
It should be a simple matter of typing in this unlock code and your email address into the boxes provided to activate the discount.
If you're having issues with the process, here are some potential reasons why:
If, after hearing these reasons, you think that you are entitled to a discount but still can’t get it to work, please contact our helpdesk and explain the situation carefully and in detail, including telling us what email address and unlock code you are attempting to use. We’ll be happy to help.
- Reason 1: maybe you are not typing in your unlock code correctly.
An unlock / activation code will typically look like this:
Where each X is a letter or number. You need to copy this exactly as it was given to you before, taking special care not to confuse the letter O with the number 0, the letter I with the number 1, and so forth.
- Reason 2: You are trying to use a code for something other than our GroundSchool FAA written test prep software for Windows PC.
ONLY a GroundSchool FAA written test prep software for Windows PC code is valid here. This means that your unlock code for RideReady Checkride Oral Exam prep software, GroundSchool for iOS, Android, or Mac, Safelog pilot logbook software, GroundSchool Canada pilot written test prep software, or anything else will not work.
- Reason 3: You have a valid GroundSchool FAA for PC unlock code, but did not use it yet.
- In order to claim the discount, you must have actually used your unlock code to unlock the software. This will typically be a problem only if you just purchased the software. The solution is to start the software on your PC, use the unlock code to actually activate the software, and then return here to use the same unlock code for your discount.
- Reason 4: You have entered an incorrect or unrecognized email address either now or in the past.
- Perhaps you are indeed entering your email address correctly now, but the problem is that previous you entered it incorrectly, so the system can not match it up.
Thank you, and good luck in all of your aviation goals.