test bank contains questions pertaining to
Enroute Charts and Procedures
. The following list contains only a relatively small percentage of the pertinent
questions. Our software, which you are free to download now at no cost, will
generally contain a much more complete set of questions associated with this
test bank. This list is intended only to familiarize you in a general way with
the questions of the
FAA Written Test Prep Software
That said, while the following questions are intended
as a general familiarization tool, this list may not be up-to-date nor accurate.
We do not update this website as often as we update our software, which will
contain at any moment all questions that we have for a given test / topic. Therefore,
if you need to actually study for your test, instead of using the list below,
we strongly, strongly encourage you to download our GroundSchool
written test prep software. Not only is it more complete and more up to date,
but it also includes answers and explanation and has many features to make your
study fast and efficient.
from the FAA
(Refer to figure 47.)
En route on V468 from BTG VORTAC to YKM VORTAC, the minimum altitude at TROTS intersection is
- For operations off established airways at 17,000 feet MSL in the contiguous U.S., (H) Class VORTAC facilities used to define a direct route of flight should be no farther apart than
- If no MCA is specified, what is the lowest altitude for crossing a radio fix, beyond which a higher minimum applies?
- What is meant when departure control instructs you to 'resume own navigation' after you have been vectored to a Victor airway?
- Unless otherwise specified on the chart, the minimum en route altitude along a jet route is
(Refer to figure 89.)
When flying from Milford Municipal to Bryce Canyon via V235 and V293, what minimum altitude should you be at when crossing Cedar City VOR?
(Refer to figure 91.)
What is the minimum crossing altitude at DBS VORTAC for a northbound IFR flight on V257?
(Refer to figure 91.)
Where should you change VOR frequencies when en route from DBS VORTAC to JAC VOR/DME on V520?
- Which aeronautical chart depicts Military Training Routes (MTR) above 1,500 feet?
(Refer to figure 114.)
A pilot receives this ATC clearance:
"...CLEARED TO THE XYZ VORTAC. HOLD NORTH ON THE THREE SIX ZERO RADIAL, LEFT TURNS..."
What is the recommended procedure to enter the holding pattern?
- Which is true regarding the use of a instrument departure procedure chart?
(Refer to figure 53.)
Where is the VOR COP on V27 between the GVO and MQO VORTACs?
- (Refer to figure 77.) Using an average ground speed of 140 knots, what minimum rate of climb would meet the required minimum climb rate per NM as specified on the instrument departure procedure?
(Refer to figure 78.)
What is the minimum crossing altitude over the BOZEMAN VORTAC for a flight southeast bound on V86?
(Refer to figure 87.)
Where is the VOR changeover point on V20 between Beaumont and Hobby?
- What is the required flight visibility and distance from clouds if you are operating in Class E airspace at 9,500 feet MSL with a VFR-on-Top clearance during daylight hours?
- When an aircraft is not equipped with a transponder, what requirement must be met before ATC will authorize a flight within class B airspace?
(Refer to figure 85.)
What route should you take if cleared for the Washoe Two Departure and your assigned route is V6?
- Reception of signals from a radio facility, located off the airway being flown, may be inadequate at the designated MEA to identify the fix. In this case, which altitude is designated for the fix?
- During the en route phase of an IFR flight, the pilot is advised "Radar service terminated." What action is appropriate?
(Refer to figure 91.)
What should be the approximate elapsed time from BZN VOR to DBS VORTAC, if the wind is 24 knots from 260° and your intended TAS is 185 knots? (VAR 17 °E.)
- (Refer to figure 117.) You receive this ATC clearance:
'...CLEARED TO THE ABC NDB. HOLD SOUTHWEST ON THE TWO THREE ZERO DEGREE BEARING FROM THE NDB...'
At station passage you note the indications in figure 117. What is the recommended procedure to enter the holding pattern?
list above contains 1/4 or less of the actual number of questions
and may not be up to date! Download the software today to get
access to all available questions.
more information about the
test bank, click here.
Content, and Accuracy Notice: the questions presented here and the organization
thereof include both elements whose copyright status is consistent with that
of many US government publications and elements whose copyright status is vested
in Dauntless Software, a private concern. Dauntless Software grants visitors
permission to use the contents of this page for personal use - commercial or
public use, including collecting (or harvesting) of any data or material on
this page is strictly prohibited. This material is presented for informational
purposes only and may be in error. Dauntless Software works hard to maintain
our FAA written test question banks. If you see an error on this web page, it
is likely NOT an error that is repeated in our software, as our software (unlike
this web page) is connected to our editorial mechanism whose mission is to quickly
identify and correct errors. If you see what you believe to be an error, please
download and try our software to see if the error is repeated there. If you
believe it is, you can use the issue-reporting mechanisms within the software
to contact our editors about any concern you may have and we will be happy to
look into it promptly.