test bank contains questions pertaining to
050-08-04 Local seasonal weather and wind
. The following list contains only a relatively small percentage of the pertinent
questions. Our software, which you are free to download now at no cost, will
generally contain a much more complete set of questions associated with this
test bank. This list is intended only to familiarize you in a general way with
the questions of the
JAA ATPL Theory Test Prep Software
That said, while the following questions are intended
as a general familiarization tool, this list may not be up-to-date nor accurate.
We do not update this website as often as we update our software, which will
contain at any moment all questions that we have for a given test / topic. Therefore,
if you need to actually study for your test, instead of using the list below,
we strongly, strongly encourage you to download our GroundSchool
written test prep software. Not only is it more complete and up-to-date, but is also considerably faster and more efficient as a study tool.
from the JAA ATPL
- What is the Bora?
- At what times of the year does the length of the hours of daylight change most rapidly?
- Which one of the following local winds is a Foehn wind?
- What is the name of the northerly, cold and strong wind, that sometimes blows over a certain part of Europe?
- Which of the following is an example of a Foehn wind?
- What is the name of the hot, local wind, that blows downwards from mountain chains? In the Alps, for instance, it may exist both as a southerly or northerly wind depending on the weather situation.
- Which weather phenomena are typical for the northern side of the Alps with stormy winds from the south (Foehn)?
- When travelling from Stockholm (55N 18E) to Rio de Janeiro (22S 80W), you encounter:
- The winds blowing over the Indian Ocean in July, North of the equator will be:
- Which of the following is a cold katabatic wind flowing towards the Adriatic Sea?
- What is characteristic of the Pampero?
- (Refer to figure 050-032)What does this picture depict?
- Local winds can affect the Mediterranean in winter. Which of the following lists of three is correct?
- A dry, sand- and dust-laden North Easterly wind that blows in winter over large parts of North West Africa is known as a:
- (Refer to figure 050-032)What can be said about this weather situation?
- In July in the northern hemisphere, the relationship between surface type, surface temperature and surface pressure is best described as:
list above contains 1/4 or less of the actual number of questions
and may not be up to date! Download the software today to get
access to all available questions.
more information about the JAA ATPL
test bank, click here.
Content, and Accuracy Notice: . Dauntless Software grants visitors
permission to use the contents of this page for personal use - commercial or
public use, including collecting (or harvesting) of any data or material on
this page is strictly prohibited. This material is presented for informational
purposes only and may be in error. Dauntless Software works hard to maintain
our JAA ATPL question banks. If you see an error on this web page, it
is likely NOT an error that is repeated in our software, as our software (unlike
this web page) is connected to our editorial mechanism whose mission is to quickly
identify and correct errors. If you see what you believe to be an error, please
download and try our software to see if the error is repeated there. If you
believe it is, you can use the issue-reporting mechanisms within the software
to contact our editors about any concern you may have and we will be happy to
look into it promptly.