If there�s a pilot or future pilot in your life, get them a gift they�ll really appreciate � our software is now available on an easy-to-give CD/DVD-ROMs in attractive packaging that we can ship your way or to your intended recipient.You�re invited to purchase CDs through our online CD/DVD shop.
|The first goal for most people who want to learn to fly is a Private Pilot Airplane certificate. This certificate is the basic entry into aviation for most pilots. Getting a Private Pilot certificate involves passing both a multiple-choice knowledge (written) test and, at the completion of flight training, a "checkride" combination flight and oral exam with a highly experienced examiner pilot. Our GroundSchool and RideReady software, respectively, is used every year by thousands of pilots to prepare for such exams and additionally our Safelog logbook software is used by pilots to record their flights. Among its many features, Safelog has an ability that is incredibly useful to student pilots - it compares their logged aeronautical experience against FAA requirments to help them see what they still need to do in their training - this is no small feat, as doing this 'by hand' otherwise can take many hours and must be done multiple times over a pilot's progress.|
As you can see, we offer a few sample packages below that may appeal to a future or student pilot. One cool thing is that a student can start studying now even if they are not yet ready for actual flight training - starting studying ASAP means both getting interested in flying and getting that key material into the brain ASAP, which makes the actual flying bits less expensive and more fun later on.
Do you know somebody who would love to be a pilot but doesn't know where to start or has just started their flight traning? We humbly suggest that if you get them one of the following you well could be starting them off on the adventure of a lifetime!
|If you know somebody who is training for a given certificate or rating in the USA, consider one of our packages below. They contain everything that a person will need for their FAA written (knowledge) test(s) and/or practical test ("checkride"). If you're not sure what your recipient is preparing for exactly, show them this page - they'll likely appreciate your thoughtfulness and be able to point you in the right direction.|
|If your gift recipient is a professional pilot or you just don't know what else to get him/her, consider our Safelog pilot/logbook software. This is available in two basic formats - an FAA/USA version for pilots licensed and flying in the USA and a CAA/JAA/Canada/Australia version suitable for pretty much everywhere else. A pilot logbook is a key legal and career document for a pilot. Safelog heps pilots keep theirs secure and organized and has consistently won praise for being the most feature rich and easy to use pilot logbook product out there. Every pilot - from student pilot through senior captain could benefit from a pilot logbook. Please note: if you give this Safelog software to a pilot who happens to already be Safelog user, he/she can use your gift to extend his/her current Safelog subscription, so in either case you are giving him/her something useful.|
|If your gift recipient preparing for a career as a professional pilot in Europe or other JAA countries, then you can help make their study easier by getting them one of our JAA career pilot test preparation packages. These include both a complete theory test preparation study guide for either the ATPL(A), CPL(A), or IR(A) licenses/ratings and also the JAR-FCL compatible JAA/CAA version of our Safelog Pilot Logbook software. All of these packages are 100% compatible with the aviation theory being taught at JAA classroom and distance learning centres. Many students enrolled in such courses purchase our products either before starting their courses or while enrolled as they find that they greatly increase their study effectiveness.|
|What if my intended recipient is not ready to start flight training yet?|
As opposed to our competitors' offerings, our training software such as our GroundSchool knowledge test preparation and RideReady checkride oral exam preparation software feature free lifetime updates and a lifetime personal license. This means that they can study now, later, or both without paying additional money. It will be ready for them when they need it. Often, people study well ahead of starting their flight training as learning the theoretical 'bookwork' as early as possible tends to minimize flight training costs and chaces of success. In some cases, where the not insubstantial costs of flight training are at issue, studying with our products helps keep the person focused on an aviation goal. For most people (though of course not all), if the desire is there and there is a willingness to put in a bit of hard work, a way can be found. Many a pilot funded their dreams by saving a bit here and there, taking an aftershool job at the local airfield, and so forth.
|My intended recipient is a pilot, but I'm not sure what they need...|
Pilots tend love our stuff, and generally you'll show your thoughtfulness by getting them something from us that they can really use. That said, indeed, in some cases it's hard to know excactly what would be appropriate for them. While you're welcome to ask us and we'll give it our best shot given what you tell us about their status, without specific knowledge of a person's status it can be difficult. So... why not ask them? The interest you show will let them know that your gift was a thoughtful one and you can make sure that you're getting them something they really need. Sure beats a tie that will never be work on a DVD movie that will be quickly forgotten!
|What sort of computer is necessary to run the software?|
Please visit the CD/DVD-Shop and read the specifics of each item there, as it varies. However, for most titles, a reasonably modern PC running a Microsoft Windows operating system will do fine. The software will also work on most Macs that have a 'windows-on-mac' crossover tool installed.
|Can you guarantee that the shipment will arrive on a specific day?|
We're a small business, and so we're not set up to guarantee exact shipping. Usually we ship the same day or the next day on working days, but occasionally for various reasons that's not possible. So, please order with a bit of leeway. We generally ship US orders via Priority Mail or first class and so expect things to arrive in a few days.
|I want the software to be 'registerd' to my recipient. Do I put their names in the bill-to or ship-to fields?|
No. Let's be clear here - most or all of our software comes with 'activation codes' that are used to register the software to an individual. These codes are in the CD/DVD box that you purchase. The licensed user ('owner') of the software is the person whose name is put when the unlocked codes are used. So, for example:
Because the acts of purchasing and registering (unlocking, activating) the software are in effect seperate, it's quite easy. Just think of giving the unopened software to somebody as if you were giving them a book - from then on, they'll figure it out. Our CD/DVD products generally come with really clear instructions and very few people have any difficulties at all. For those that do, we're standing by to help via our online helpdesk.
- You buy a disc for your best friend John's daughter Susan. You put your billing address in the billing address field.
- You want this sent to your best friend's work address. You put his (John's) shipping addres in the shipping address field.
- Then, John gives the disc to Susan on her birthday on your behalf. Susan unwraps opens the product and finds a CD/DVD and her unlock code inside. She installs the software from the CD/DVD and goes to activate it. She types in her information during activation and now the software is 'registered' to her.
|I want to give somebody a product of yours that you don't have on CD/DVD-ROM.|
As a practical matter, it's easiest to give our CD/DVD products. You basically just buy them and give them out. However, it's also possible to buy our products electronically and give them that way. You can do this if you want to give a gift 'quickly' or if the product in question is only available via download. However, just be aware that your recipient should be technically 'with it' if you decide to go this route. Basically, this is what you should do:
- Start at our normal website and find the web page of the product(s) you are interested in. By 'normal website' we mean seperate from this CD/DVD shop. Click on the 'buy now' button (or equivalent) of the product you are interested in and follow the normal purchase process as if you were buying it for yourself.
- Complete the purchase process as if you were buying the software for yourself. That is, put YOUR name, YOUR email address, YOUR billing information, and so forth. Do NOT put the recipient's info here at all.
- Once the process is complete, you will get a receipt emailed to you. Inside this receipt is the keycode. Yes, the receipt has your name/address on it, but this doesn't matter.
- What you need to do now is to give this person the keycode for example, you can print it out and give it to them in a card on their birthday or in another email. Write something like this: 'Hello (Recipient)! I got you this great software from Dauntless Aviation. To get it, visit www.dauntless-soft.com and download it - the title of the software is '(software title)'. Use this keycode - (keycode) - to activate it and you'll be good to go. Happy birthday!' Ok ok, write something a little more creative than that, but you get the gist of it.
- The idea is that they when they activate the software which they have downloaded, they will use the keycode and type in their own information and so the product will be registered to them. Of course, you should not register the keycode to yourself first before giving it to them - this is like, well, like eating the cake before giving it to somebody! It just won't work.
|I have some other question...|
Sure, no problem! Please contact us via our helpdesk and we'll be happy to help.
Welcome to the Dauntless CD/DVD Online Shop!
- You are welcome to purchase our CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, and other "physical" products here. This shop is 100% separate from our online keycode purchases. You are welcome to purchase multiple CDs/DVDs
at once (to save on shipping), but if you want to purchase both CDs/DVDs and products via electronic keycode delivery, you will need to make two purchases - once here for the CDs/DVDs and once via our normal website
sales mechanicsms for electronic delivery.
- After you complete your order, you will typically get an activation keycode for the software product of your choice mailed/posted/shipped with the physical disc(s) you purchase. If you purchase here, you will
not receive this code via email, nor is there any possible way for us to send you this keycode electronically while the item(s) is/are in transit to you - NO EXCEPTIONS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
- Shipping charges vary based on location and items purchased. While we try to ship every day, sometimes we are unable to, so allow for a few extra days beyond normal transit times if you order from here just to be sure.
Again, electronic delivery of keycodes, as opposed to CDs/DVDs is, in most cases, immediate.
- If you have any questions whatsoever, please don't "assume". Rather, be smart and ask us. We'll be happy to help you via our helpdesk.
Looking to buy in bulk for your established FBO/Flight School/Aviation Retail operation? Check out our Affiliate/Reseller Portal.